Raise your hand if you love soft and chewy cookies 🙋🏾♀️ I’ll take a soft and chewy cookie over a crunchy one any day. These double chocolate pecan cookies have the perfect texture that you look for in a fresh, homemade cookie. The mix of dark and white chocolate chips makes them a little more interesting than milk chocolate chips alone, while the pecans give them a nice texture.
These cookies are delicious and easy to make. My favorite part is that the recipe calls for melted butter, so they can be made on a whim. No need to remember to take your butter out ahead of time and wait for it to soften. Just pop it in the microwave, let it cool off a bit, and you’re on your way to fresh baked goodness!
I prefer to use my stand mixer to make these cookies, but a hand mixer would work just as well. Honestly, I just love being able to walk away from the mixer as it runs. It feels like the mixer is truly doing all of the work. To make the cookies, just mix your butter and sugars in the mixer until light and fluffy. Then, add in the vanilla, egg and extra yolk. Mix your dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them into the mixer with the rest of the ingredients. Finally, add in your chocolate chips and pecans and bake!
These amazing cookies are sure to impress. I’ve made them often, taken them to work, parties, friend’s houses, and more. They’re always a hit!
Double Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 additional egg yolk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar for 3-5 minutes until smooth.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Continue to beat for another 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in dry ingredients until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Scoop batter onto parchment lined baking sheets using a 3 tbsp cookie scoop. Leave a few inches between each scoop to allow for spreading.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until edges are brown. Place onto a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!